This document details work flow for the functionality of error corrections, voids and refunds. These functions allow a user to either remove an item before it has been dispensed, remove an item after it has been dispensed or refund an item after a transaction has been finalised.
- If a user has entered an item in error onto a transaction and this item needs to be removed before the transaction has been dispensed, select the item that needs to be removed so that it has a grey background (if the item to be removed is not the last item ordered remember to remove the grey background buy touching the last item to remove the grey).
- Now select Undo in the function bar.
- You will now be prompted with some reason codes.
- Select the relevant reason code for why you are removing the item. These reason codes are for the benefit of the management team for when they are checking the reports on portal to see which reason code has been selected by which user.
How the Error Correction will display on screen and bill
- Now the item will be removed and in the audit window this will say Err Corr and the item will be in red. This remains in the audit window so that you know for your benefit what has been removed until the guest bill has been printed.
(Any corrected item will not appear on the guest receipt).
Completing a Void
- If a user has entered an item by mistake or an item needs to be removed for whatever reason after the transaction has been dispensed to the network printers this is a void, and can only be voided by a supervisor or management access level. The process is exactly the same as above but if the staff user has the transaction open and needs to void an item, if they select undo they will have a prompt asking to swipe or enter the pin number, this allows the manger override and swipe their card and remove the item well the user has the transaction open.
- If the user doesn’t have the correct access level and tries to remove the item they will have a prompt message informing No Authorisation- Manager Only.
Creating a Refund - Step 1
- When a transaction has been finalised there is no way that particular transaction can be reopened. If for some reason an item needs to be refunded then a new transaction needs to be started to refund the item. This function can be only be done by a management access level.
- Order the exact item again that needs to refund,
- when you have the item in the audit window go to Other Functions and select Refund.
Creating a Refund - Step 2
- When you have selected refund you will have some reason codes appear, now select the relevant reason code for why you are refunding the item. These reason codes are for the benefit of the management team for when they are checking the reports on portal to see which reason code has been selected by which user.
Creating a Refund - Step 3
- When you select a reason code the sub total will change to a minus figure and the system will take you to the payment screen. Now you need to select the original payment type that was taken so that the till will balance.
- Once you chosen the payment type confirm the amount and the system will print a refund receipt which you can staple to the original receipt and keep so that if the accounts need to query the refund you have both receipts.