If a payment type is taken wrongly ie: Visa and should of been Cash. These are the steps to take to switch the payment type of a closed transaction.
Opening the Audit Journal for all today's transactions
Sign in and click Manager button and Click on POS Audit Journal
You will need to make sure you have the required access level to be able to view the POS Audit Journal. If not please speak to a supervisor or manager who will have the required access
Choose the Transaction that you want to switch the payment for.
1. Scroll down to find the Transaction that you require to change and highlight.
2. It will open up on the right hand side, check this is the transaction you want to change.
3. Click Change Payment Method
Choose the correct receipt type
1. This will enter a - amount for the transaction
2. Choose the correct receipt type eg: Cash
3. This will enter a + amount and then select OK
This will change the Receipt type to the correct type and close the Transaction.
This will not work for Room Charges, if a Room Charge has been wrongly sent through you will need to do a refund or speak to the Front of House team to correct the transaction. (For help steps on doing a refund please see "How to do a refund")