This article will show you how to create rate strategies in Rate Availability.
1) Enter the month for which you want to see the rate breakdown.
2) Select a rate code/rate code detail.
3) Define the period for which you want to apply the strategy
4) From the "Strategy" drop-down list, select the the type of rate block and if required, enter a parameter in the "P1" and "P2" boxes.
5) Click New to continue.
Descriptions of the different strategies;
Rate is Available
2) X Closed
Rate is not available
3) A Closed for arrivals
Rate cannot be selected for arrival on a day within the defined period
4) M Minimum stay P1 days
You can block rate codes for stays below the defined minimum length of stay.
5) MA Minimum length of stay on arrival P1 days
You use this strategy to define a set number of nights in combination with a specific arrival day for a rate code
6) MR Minimum remaining length of stay P1 days
If a stay extends beyond a certain day, you use this strategy to define how many nights have to follow this day to be able to post this rate.
7) P1-P2 Stay length must be in between P1 and P2 days
This rate code will only be available for a length of stay that is between the values entered.
This blocks rates for stays of a specific length.
The rate will then be offered for reservations that do not fall within this period.
8) PP1 Minimum of P1 Adults
Blocks rates for reservations below a defined minimum occupancy
9) #P1 Open when staying P1 days or a multiple of P1 days.
This strategy is intended for special (cyclical) offers in conjunction with a specific length of stay
10) PP1 Minimum of P1 Adults
Blocks Rates for reservations below a defined minimum occupancy